cannot open tty-output

Ilya A. Arkhipov m1cro at rambler-co.ru
Mon Mar 25 10:11:14 UTC 2013

On 03/25/13 14:01, Marco Steinbach wrote:
> Eugene V. Boontseff wrote on 25.03.2013 09:57:

>>> dialog4ports(1) uses stdout for passing back results, where the
>>> former dialog(1) used stderr.  I reverted the new behaviour back to
>>> the previous one, which fixed the problem for me.  I don't know
>>> about other implications, though.
>>>
>>> Ilya (author of dialog4ports) is aware of the problem and having a
>>> look at it.
>>>
>>> I'm glad that other people are running into this, also.  I was
>>> beginning to think, that there's something fundamentally wrong with
>>> the way our 8.x jails are configured.
>> What could it be? I configure jail with ezjail. Nothing special.. :-)
>>
>>> MfG CoCo
>>

> Same here.  With and without ezjail, same behaviour on all 8.x
> machines I tried.
>
> Using a serial console on a 9.1 machine yields the same behaviour when
> jexec is used, while there's no error when connected per ssh.
>
> MfG CoCo

Hi All,

Fixed in
https://bitbucket.org/m1cro/d4p/commits/42e03ab186b30120fa79e2d0a6093a3c673385ef
Thanks Marco.

After checking it will committed, but you already can test it:
- change dialog4ports version to 0.1.2
- make makesum
- portmaster -d /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/dialog4ports
- add 2(stderr) in Tools/scripts/dialog4ports.sh in "exec $DIALOG4PORTS
2> $OPTIONSFILE" line.
- test it :)

--
WBR, Ilya A. Arkhipov