trouble with ffmpeg1

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 04:29:58 UTC 2013

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Joerg Surmann <joerg_surmann at snafu.de> wrote:

> now its not too big.
> i hope.
>
> sorry
> Am 23.03.2013 05:38, schrieb Kevin Oberman:
>> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 9:02 PM, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> OK. I just looked for the obvious and it looks like texi2html is not
>>> listed as a build dependency for ffmpeg1. Install textproc/texi2html
>>> and ffmpewg1 should work properly.
>>
>> Again, I was too quick. I should have tested first. texi2html is a
>> BUILD_DEPEND of ffmpeg1, so you should not be able to build ffmpeg1
>> without it. If you try, the ports system should install it for you.
>>
>> So, again, we need to see the complete build log (as recorded by
>> script(1)) and the config.log file.
>>
>> Sorry for the false information on the last message

Joerg,

Well, I think I have sort of found the problem, but it gets a bit out
of my realm of cluefulness.

HTe problem is perl does not seem to have the required files to handle
the El Salvador locale. I'm not too sure what to suggest, but some
other Spanish speaking country might work. I'm really not at all sure
since my locale is en_US, so no real internationalization is needed.

In any case, yo may be closer to a solution.

If you just want to get ffmpeg1 installed, you can do so by:
# cd /usr/ports/multimedia/ffmpeg1
# make
# cd work/ffmpeg-1.05/doc
# touch developer.html
# cd
# portmaster -C ffmpeg1

This will fake out the error and make the install work.

the root issue is that you have your locale set to sv but it looks
like all of the ports may not support it at this time. I wish I could
help more here, but you may want to read up on gettext and
internationalization and, if you don't see what needs to be done, open
a new thread.

If you have not already read it, check out Chapter 24 of the FreeBSD
Handbook at:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/l10n.html
o, en Español, http://www.freebsd.org/doc/es_ES.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/l10n.html

Good luck!