trouble with ffmpeg1

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 04:38:58 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 9:02 PM, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Joerg Surmann <joerg_surmann at snafu.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> ok.
>>> here the complet make output.
>>> (without make install)
>>
>> Actually, it was just the STDERR output without the STDOUT stuff.  To
>> get far we need to have the complete output.
>> % script
>> % cd /usr/ports/multimedia/fmpeg1 && make
>> % exit
>>
>> Then send the typescript file. That will have everything in order,
>> just as it comes out on the terminal. Also,
>> /usr/ports/multimedia/fmpeg1/work/ffmpeg-1.05/config.log
>>
>> texi2html is the tool that actually generates the *.html files. You
>> might want to confirm that texi2html is available.
>> % which texi2html
>
> OK. I just looked for the obvious and it looks like texi2html is not
> listed as a build dependency for ffmpeg1. Install textproc/texi2html
> and ffmpewg1 should work properly.

Again, I was too quick. I should have tested first. texi2html is a
BUILD_DEPEND of ffmpeg1, so you should not be able to build ffmpeg1
without it. If you try, the ports system should install it for you.

So, again, we need to see the complete build log (as recorded by
script(1)) and the config.log file.

Sorry for the false information on the last message
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com