Updating poppler

Jeremy Messenger mezz.freebsd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 15:18:03 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 2:34 AM, Rainer Hurling <rhurlin at gwdg.de> wrote:
> On 22.03.2013 08:25 (UTC+2), Leslie Jensen wrote:
>>
>> According to /usr/ports/UPDATING
>>
>> One should do
>>
>> portmaster -r poppler-0
>>
>> Unfortunately it gives me this:
>>
>> ===>>> Launching child to reinstall libreoffice-4.0.1
>>
>> ===>>> Checking dependent ports >> libreoffice-4.0.1 (9/9)
>>
>> ===>>> Currently installed version: libreoffice-4.0.1
>> ===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/editors/libreoffice
>>
>>     ===>>> This port is marked BROKEN
>>     ===>>> mergelibs causes runtime problems
>>

>>     ===>>> If you are sure you can build it, remove the
>>            BROKEN line in the Makefile and try again.
>>
>> ===>>> Update for libreoffice-4.0.1 failed
>> ===>>> Aborting update
>>
>> I have it installed so I should be able to build it again, or has things
>> changed so that I'll get into problems?
>
> It has nothing to do with poppler, but with libreoffice itself. Try
> setting option MERGELIBS=off in editors/libreoffice before rebuilding
> the port.

The libreoffice port is using BROKEN in a very wrong way. The
maintainers shouldn't be use BROKEN if one of option is broke. They
are supposed to disable or/and remove that option instead. I have
checked in there and it has two BROKEN in two options that need to be
removed. IE:

----------------------------
-OPTIONS_DEFINE=	CUPS DEBUG GNOME GTK2 GTK3 JAVA KDE4 MERGELIBS MMEDIA PGSQL \
+OPTIONS_DEFINE=	CUPS DEBUG GNOME GTK2 JAVA KDE4 MMEDIA PGSQL \

[...]

-.if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MGTK3}
-BROKEN=		requires GTK+ 3.2 and later
-USE_GNOME+=	gtk30 desktopfileutils
-INSTALLS_ICONS=	yes
-CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--enable-gtk3
-.else
+#.if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MGTK3}
+#BROKEN=		requires GTK+ 3.2 and later
+#USE_GNOME+=	gtk30 desktopfileutils
+#INSTALLS_ICONS=	yes
+#CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--enable-gtk3
+#.else
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--disable-gtk3
-.endif
+#.endif

[...]

-.if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MMERGELIBS}
-BROKEN=		mergelibs causes runtime problems
-CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--enable-mergelibs
-.else
+#.if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MMERGELIBS}
+#BROKEN=		mergelibs causes runtime problems
+#CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--enable-mergelibs
+#.else
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--disable-mergelibs
-.endif