Unable to install new dialog for ports on FreeBsd 7.0

Vikas Mahajan vikas.mahajan12 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 09:36:44 UTC 2013

On 21 March 2013 13:26, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Try replacing the ports-mgmt/pkg/files/patch-Makefile by this one:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/patch-Makefile
There was no file named patch-Makefile. I created new file with contents as
given by you, but still getting same error.

> And tell me if it works.
>
> But please notice that 7.x is EOLed 28 feb, more and more the ports tree
will
> get incompatible, and if we want to follow the direction for FreeBSD 10
(replace
> our make by bmake) we will need to a day or another break totally
compatibility
> with 7.
>
> Consider upgrading your boxes.
I repeated same steps on March 13th on some other box and everything works.
Introduction of new dialog created problem. Steps, I followed to get latest
ports:
# portsnap fetch
# mv /usr/ports /usr/ports_old
# portsnap extract