KDE4 Widgets Missing

Shawn Webb lattera at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 20:32:19 UTC 2013

Hey All,

I'm sorry to bug you all about something so trivial, but I can't find
anything Googling about this. I don't want to file a bug report (unless
actually necessary). A few months ago, I deinstalled KDE4 (prior to the
ports tree updating to the 4.9.5 release) to switch to something a little
lighter. I've now reinstalled KDE4 via the same x11/kde4 port I used
before. KDE 4.9.5 is installed and everything's working great. However,
when I edit the panel at the bottom of the screen and select Add Widgets,
no widgets appear. I've installed a few other widgets and those don't show
either. Because of its size, I can't figure out where to look to see why
kde4's misbehaving. I've grepped through /usr/local/kde4/share to see if
there's some old config left from the old install of kde4 that doesn't
apply anymore (or should be replaced with a more current config). No luck
there.

I'm on 10-current (an older release, dated 01 Mar 2013, r247527). My uname
output is:

FreeBSD pwnie.clamav.dev 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #18
r247527+2f5def5: Fri Mar  1 01:09:10 EST 2013
shawn at pwnie:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SEC
 amd64

My ports tree is completely up-to-date and all installed ports are
up-to-date as well.

This isn't anything high-priority, more of a want than a need right now.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.

Thanks,

Shawn