[HEADSUP] New make config UI

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 20 07:52:57 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 01:04:04AM +0100, Mark Martinec wrote:
> On 03/19/13 11:41, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
>  > No need to install it manually it will be automatically pulled in
>  > and the switch is automated.
>
> This breaks ports on FreeBSD 7.x, where its tar command does not know
> how to decompress an xz archive:

7.x is not supported anymore for a couple of weeks now, however I think the
breakage is just about the distfile supplied d4p is small enough to be server in
tar.gz I suppose.

However given the direction the project is taking (going to bmake) the ports
tree will probably been soon made incompatible with 7.x anyway.

regards,
Bapt