OPTIONSng: Overide options in /var/db/ports/*/options ?

Chris Rees utisoft at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 16:15:42 UTC 2013

On 17 Mar 2013 15:45, "Marco Steinbach" <coco at executive-computing.de> wrote:

> Matthew Seaman wrote on 17.03.2013 14:49:
>
>> On 17/03/2013 12:16, Marco Steinbach wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is there a way to overide options stored in /var/db/ports/*/options,
>>> basically getting back the pre-OPTIONSng behaviour of being able to
>>> overide port options in /etc/make.conf ?
>>>
>>> Before OPTIONSng was introduced, I was able to specify options in
>>> /etc/make.conf (WITHOUT_X11, WITHOUT_CUPS, WITH_MAILHEAD, WITH_SSL,
>>> WITH_MYSQL, WITH_DOVECOT, ...), which then overode any occurency of that
>>> option in any port (or just specific ones, by e.g. checking .CURDIR),
>>> regardless of the setting the ports option file contained.
>>

>> Find the uniquename of the port[*] (by 'make -V UNIQUENAME') then in
>> /etc/make.conf
>>
>> uniquename_SET= FOO BAR BAZ
>> uniquename_UNSET= BLURFL
>>
>> will override the default settings in that port's Makefile for the FOO,
>> BAR, BAZ and BLURFL options.
>>
>> Note: this won't override any settings you make from an options dialog.
>> Might be a good idea to 'make rmconfig' if you only want to rely on
>> /etc/make.conf
>

> [...]
>
> Exactly my point.  Currently, with OPTIONSng there seems to be no way to
overide anything in /var/db/ports/*/options.

> I find it irritating, that I no longer can be sure about options in
/etc/make.conf.  I have to check/reconfigure to make sure.

> As much as I like OPTIONSng (especially in combination with
dialog4ports), this is one thing I'd very much like OPTIONSng to relearn:
Enforce options regardless of what's in a ports options file.

No, that's a bad idea.  It's more confusing to have options not being set
that are checked in the OPTIONS dialog.

Setting those in make.conf sets defaults, and allows them to be overridden
in individual ports.

Chris