texinfo

Daniel Thiele dthiele at gmx.net
Fri Mar 15 11:03:09 UTC 2013

On 03/14/13 23:04, Johan van Selst wrote:
> Hi Mitja,
>
> ajtiM wrote:
>> In ports is texinfo-5.1 update but whenever is texinfo new version
>> (update) I have a problem:
>> print/texinfo-5.1 confilcts with texi2html-5.0 (installs files into
>> the same place.
>> Problematic: /usr/local/share/texinfo/init/book.init
>
> This is curious: texinfo does not install this book.init file; and
> neither port seems to mention a potential conflict in the port Makefile.
>
> Could this be a left-over warning from an old version? Are other people
> seeing this problem as well?

I also see this problem. I am experiencing this on a freshly installed
system, so no updating of any of the two ports is involved. texi2html
was installed first and seems to install a couple of init files in
TEXINFODIR. An installation of texinfo then fails with

===>   Registering installation for texinfo-5.1.20130313 as automatic
Installing texinfo-5.1.20130313...pkg: texinfo-5.1.20130313 conflicts
with texi2html-5.0_1,1 (installs files into the same place).
Problematic file: /usr/local/share/texinfo/init/book.init
*** [fake-pkg] Error code 70

although the conflicting file is not listed in texinfo's pkg-plist.

Regards,
Daniel