[CFT] xorg 7.7

Ruslan Makhmatkhanov cvs-src at yandex.ru
Wed Mar 13 18:54:18 UTC 2013

Hi,

Niclas Zeising wrote on 12.03.2013 01:50:
> The FreeBSD xorg team (x11@) presents this update of the FreeBSD xorg
> port to version 7.7.
> This CFT is intended to weed out as many bugs and regressions as
> possible before merging xorg 7.7 into ports, please test it as much as
> possible, to make it as good as can be.
> We need testers of both new and old xorg, on as many architectures and
> hardware combinations as possible.
> Please report both successes and failures, and remember to include which
> architecture, graphics card, version of FreeBSD and compiler you are
> using, as well as relevant logs if any.

I'm using 7.7, if I recall correctly, since March 2012. From the time
when KMS support for Intel gpu's was available in form of off-base
patches and later integrated into the FreeBSD main source. xorg from
trillian had the intel-driver that supported KMS. I'd say it quite
stable, but I have some glitches like screen artifacts appearing some
times, but this is quite rare this days. And I'm not sure if it's
KMS-related, or xorg-related, xorg+KMS-related. It was on ports@ and/or
current@ few times, and there were pr's about that, but I was unable to
find them.

I just updated to latest versions from trillian, here is my upgrade
path: http://pastebin.com/rqPFuYtg (mostly minor version updates) and
everything seems fine.

My gpu is i5-2430M integrated (SandyBridge); OS: FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT
#17 r247812 amd64; Compiler: FreeBSD clang version 3.2
(tags/RELEASE_32/final 170710) 20121221

Thank you for the update.

--
Regards,