Port deprecation reason ``Does not work with Ruby 1.9'' -- what should I do?

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 11 23:57:33 UTC 2013

On 3/11/2013 4:13 PM, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> Hello, Ports.
>
>   My  port  (devel/ruby-subversion) is marked for deletion in 2 months
>  because `` Does not work with Ruby 1.9''. What should I do?
>
>    To be honest, I know nothing about Ruby and this port is part of
>  official subversion distribution. Only thing I could do is to check
>  that it builds and pass "make tests".
>
>   Why port is marked for deletion? Is ruby 1.8 deprecated and removed?
>  Why can't port be for ruby 1.8 only?

I believe 1.8 is EOL in June.

http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/news/2011/10/06/plans-for-1-8-7/

I can't find anything more recent confirming this though.

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery