CURRENT: lang/gcc fails to build on CURRENT with error: configure: error: no usable dependency style found

Claude Buisson clbuisson at orange.fr
Mon Mar 11 11:04:00 UTC 2013

On 03/11/2013 11:17, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> On 2013-03-10 00:39, Steve Kargl wrote:
>> If you have a clang built FreeBSD-current, then it is no
>> longer possible to *bootstrap* gcc-4.6.x, gcc-4.7.x, nor
>> the upcoming gcc-4.8.0.  AFAICT, the problem is related
>> to /usr/bin/cpp.  I haven't tried earlier versions of
>> gcc.
>
> I have built the lang/gcc47 and lang/gcc48 ports just now, and they
> compiled without any issues.  What is the exact error you have been
> getting?
>
> I think there must be a common problem you and Oliver have in your build
> environment, most likely non-default CFLAGS.  What happens if you remove
> make.conf and src.conf, do the gcc ports then build successfully?

FWIW,

Yesterday, I built lang/gcc on a 10.0-CURRENT amd64 svn 247236,
WITH_CLANG_IS_CC, and got the same error than the OP.

NO non-default CFLAGS.

The build succeeded with USE_GCC=any

I tried to restore the bootstrap phase by partially reverting r302041, and the
build errored with clang AND with the base gcc, at another place (some double
definitions building libcpp).

Claude Buisson