portdowngrade(CVS) deprecated -> alternative for portsnap(8) usage

rank1seeker at gmail.com rank1seeker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 19:15:51 UTC 2013

> > http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?p=203241
> >
> > Will it be transformed to checkout via SVN, only origins we need, or will
> > it be dumped from ports tree as obsolete.
> > Thanks.
> >

> Hey,
>
> I rewrote it in sh, quite simply because I thought that c++ was insane
> for such simple code.
>
> I'm afraid it doesn't quite have the same behaviour, but it's still
> very easy to use.
>
> Please let me know if there's something you desperately miss about the
> old version.
>
> Chris

Thanks for your effort!

# portdowngrade audio/oss
    Listed all revisions
# portdowngrade audio/oss r300895
    I've picked one from the past

However:
# portsnap fetch update
    Is blind to this change and fails to update it back, to it's latest version

portdowngrade should also alter/update portsnap's DB

Domagoj Smolčić