YModem terminal emulator

Patrick Powell papowell at astart.com
Mon Mar 4 15:18:19 UTC 2013

On 03/04/13 02:51, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I need a terminal emulator able to send a file over a USB/serial line,
> using YModem.
>
> So far I tried:
> a) cutecom
>
> When I press "Send file..." and pick, I get
>> Object::connect: No such signal QProgressDialog::cancelled() in
>> /usr/ports/comms/cutecom/work/cutecom-0.20.0/qcppdialogimpl.cpp:394
>> Object::connect:  (receiver name: 'CuteCommDlg')
>

> b) minicom
>
> I get:
> > minicom: cannot open /dev/cuaU0: Permission denied
>
> I also tried /dev/ttyU0, but message is the same.
> I even tried running this as root, but I still get "Permission denied"
> :-O
>

> Any hint on these?
> Any other port I can try?
>
>  bye & Thanks
>     av.

I run into this a lot when I use USB serial devices.  Try using:
ls /dev/cu*
and see what devices you have.  For examle:

server:{15} # ls /dev/cu*
/dev/cuau0      /dev/cuau0.init /dev/cuau0.lock /dev/cuau1
/dev/cuau1.init /dev/cuau1.lock

Note that the device is /dev/cuau0 not /dev/cauU0

--
Patrick Powell                 Astart Technologies
papowell at astart.com            1530 Jamacha Road, Suite X,