FreeBSD port for redirecting printer

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sun Mar 3 08:49:57 UTC 2013

El día Friday, March 01, 2013 a las 04:14:34PM +0100, Matthias Apitz escribió:

> ok, at the moment only the CUPS filter do what we want directly from an
> UTF-8 test file (q.e.d.)

To be honestly, when we started some years ago to port our library
automation system from ISO 8859-1 to UTF-8 support (in all layers,
database, servers and application frontends) we bothered a lot with
UTF-8 support in all affected areas, as well in print-outs of all type
of letters, listings, statistics etc. A good starting point to get
understanding for all those aspects is the UTF-8/Unicode FAQ for UNIX:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/unicode.html

There is as well a chapter about printing which points to CUPS. The
supported languages (Codepoints) in the provided fonts are still very
limited, but extendable and open.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign: www.asciiribbon.org