Ocaml ports needs love

Gabor Pali pgj at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jun 29 04:59:08 UTC 2013

Hi Michael,

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 8:47 PM, Michael Grünewald <michipili at gmail.com> wrote:
> Besides maintaining individual ports, we also want to integrate GODI or
> OASIS in ports, so it is probably a good idea to have a common place to
> discuss these projects, to keep a list of open tasks and describe best
> practices.

I concur absolutely.  Although my priority is rather to work with
OPAM-based [1] packages.

> A mailing list could be useful, as would a section on the wiki [1].

I can help with this.  However, it basically requires a valid FreeBSD
wiki registration (I am not sure if you have such account already).

> I am pleased to announce that I improved my submission for OCaml-4.00
> [2] (there is still a minor issue)

Great news!

> and applied for a project ocaml-freebsd on OCamcore's forge.

Let me know about the URL of the project once it is accepted and activated.

[1] http://opam.ocamlpro.com/