Are ports supposed to build and run on 10-CURRENT?

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 24 19:15:21 UTC 2013

On Jun 24, 2013, at 20:23, Michael Gmelin <freebsd at grem.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 19:58:26 +0200
> Matthias Andree <mandree at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>> Am 22.06.2013 00:27, schrieb Dimitry Andric:
>>
>>> Attached is a diff to fix the db5 port, so it correctly builds with
>>> CXXFLAGS?=-std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++.  Matthias, could you please
>>> have a look at it?
>>
>> Does databases/db6 as a requisite make your failing port compile
>> properly?
>
> The port failing to build using c++11 is databases/db5 itself. The port
> depending on db5 that raised the question is devel/ice, which might
> build with db6, but upstream only developed and tested it using
> db5, so sticking to that version is preferred.

Indeed, I should probably have sent this a separate mail, sorry.  The
diff was just to get db5 building with libc++.  A similar diff is needed
for db6, but before I start producing it, I would like to know if there
is any interest. :-)

Note the fixes are mostly trivial, just a renaming of a few identifiers.
If you would rather have me take it upstream, please let me know.

-Dimitry