hugin, libboost_thread.so not found

Rob Clark rpclark at tds.net
Sun Jun 23 17:32:09 UTC 2013


On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 10:35:43 +0300
Vasil Dimov <vd at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 03:30:16 -0400, Rob Clark wrote:
> > Cannot get hugin to work, 
> > I get the following:
> > 
> > $ hugin
> > /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libboost_thread.so"not
> > found, required by "hugin" 
> > $ 
> [...]
> 
> Hi, what is the output of the following commands, when executed in your
> environment:
> 
> ldd `which hugin`
> 
> ls -l /usr/local/lib/libboost*
> 
> ls -l /var/db/pkg/, or if you are using pkg(8), then:
> pkg info
> 
> -- 
> Vasil Dimov
> gro.DSBeerF at dv
> %
> Without fools there would be no wisdom.


Thank you Vasil, hugin is now working thanks to your
response. Here's what I did:

Upon issuing the first command, 
ldd `which hugin`

I learned that several deps were missing:
libboost_thread.so => not found (0x0) libboost_date_time.so
=> not found (0x0) libboost_regex.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_filesystem.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_iostreams.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_system.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_signals.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_thread.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_date_time.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_regex.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_filesystem.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_iostreams.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_system.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_signals.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_thread.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_date_time.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_regex.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_filesystem.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_iostreams.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_system.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_signals.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_thread.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_date_time.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_regex.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_filesystem.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_iostreams.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_system.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_signals.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_thread.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_date_time.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_regex.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_filesystem.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_iostreams.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_system.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_signals.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_thread.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_date_time.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_regex.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_filesystem.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_iostreams.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_system.so => not found (0x0)
   libboost_signals.so => not found (0x0)

So, the second command:
ls -l /usr/local/lib/libboost*
did not give any results, not found, etc.

These suggestions put me on the right track.  
So, in /usr/ports/graphics/hugin, I did:

# make missing
devel/boost-libs
java/diablo-jdk16
devel/boost-jam
java/javavmwrapper
java/java-zoneinfo
#

I then did:
make deinstall
then
make install clean, which worked without issue.

===>   Registering installation for hugin-2011.4.0_1
===>  Cleaning for boost-libs-1.48.0
===>  Cleaning for boost-jam-1.48.0
===>  Cleaning for hugin-2011.4.0_1

I am still baffled as to how hugin installed with missing
deps. Oh well, it's working now :-).

Thank you for the quick response and putting me on
'the right track'.  

Rob 




-- 
Rob Clark <rpclark at tds.net>


More information about the freebsd-ports mailing list