Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: FreeBSD 10-current coredumps Youtube HTML5

Miguel Clara miguelmclara at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 18:26:22 UTC 2013

On 06/21/13 18:30, Miguel Clara wrote:
> On 06/21/13 14:43, Miguel Clara wrote:

>>> Can you try "svn co
>>> https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/freebsd-gecko/trunk/www/firefox/"

and build firefox from that directory and try again please. You
>> could
>>> also try firefox-nightly
>>> (https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/freebsd-gecko/trunk/www/firefox-nightly)

If you want to quickly try nightly you can use this package
>>> http://buildbot.rhaalovely.net/builds/firefox-24.0a1.en-US.freebsd10.0-x86_64.tar.bz2,

just untar it and run ./firefox/firefox, the package will have
>> no sound
>>> though.
>
>>> I'm on 10-CURRENT and I can watch hours of HTML5 videos on
>>> Youtube without problems.
>
>>> Florian
>

>> Are you running nighty or the trunk version?
>
>> I guess I'll try the one that worked for you :)
>

> The nightly package gave me o problems, but also no sound, and I
> think this is the root of the problem!
>
> I've build nightly with alsa and I got the same error I had with
> www/firefox:
>
> Assertion failed: (wrote >= 0 && wrote == got), function
> alsa_refill_stream, file
> /data/ports/www/firefox-nightly/work/mozilla-central-68760713a30f/media/libcubeb/src/cubeb_alsa.c,

line

319.
> Abort
>

> Now I'm building with Pulse Audio, which was also falling with
> www/firefox, I'll post my results!
>
> I'd like to note that opera doesn't crash, and I'm also only using
> HTML5.
>
> Thanks!

It seams I forgot to CC to freebsd-ports at freebsd.org in one of the
previous emails!

I couldn't build successfully with pulse support, still looking into
why, In any case it seams that in 9.1 firefox works fine with alsa, so
my guess is that this is a 10-current problem with "alsa audio", but
I'm not sure how can I be sure of that.