"svn mv" and changing files at the same time: still prohibited

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at nsu.ru
Mon Jun 17 14:18:12 UTC 2013

Hi there,

I've been trying to rename a port (games/rtcw -> games/linux-rtcw) and had
to change something inside port's Makefile at the same time (drop PORTEPOCH
and PORTREVISION, and set PKGNAMEPREFIX accordingly), but commit was blocked
by pre-commit hook with "Do not replace a file. This can lose history."
message.  I was under impression that this is only true for CVS exporter,
but since we no longer doing this, this hook should be removed.

I've renamed and edited pkg-message file of that port just fine (in the
previous revision), and all history is there, so I'm wondering what's so
special about doing the same at the port-name level.

./danfe