Are ports supposed to build and run on 10-CURRENT?

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Thu Jun 13 10:22:57 UTC 2013

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 08:07:14 +0200
Eitan Adler <lists at eitanadler.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 3:15 AM, Michael Gmelin <freebsd at grem.de>
> wrote:
> > So my question is: Are we port maintainers now really supposed to
> > make ports work with CURRENT?
>
> This is generally up to the maintainer; however many committers run
> -CURRENT and test on that by default.
>
> I would add something like
> .if ${OSVERSION} > ${WHEREEVERITBROKE}
> BROKEN= Unit tests fail
> .endif
> to the port's Makefile.

Thanks for your helpful response. I followed your advice and filed a new
version of the patch marking it BROKEN for 10:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=179233#reply4

I will look into making the port work on 10 as soon as we have an
actual release date and the C++ compiler tool chain stabilized, so that
I'm not dealing with a moving target,

--
Michael Gmelin