Are ports supposed to build and run on 10-CURRENT?

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Thu Jun 13 06:24:30 UTC 2013

El día Thursday, June 13, 2013 a las 08:07:14AM +0200, Eitan Adler escribió:

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 3:15 AM, Michael Gmelin <freebsd at grem.de> wrote:
> > So my question is: Are we port maintainers now really supposed to make
> > ports work with CURRENT?
>
> This is generally up to the maintainer; however many committers run
> -CURRENT and test on that by default.

This was a widely general question and a general answer too;
I'm afraid that not all committers run tests with -CURRENT and on both
architectures (amd64 and i386);

at least for KDE4 I can confirm that it is unable to build on -CURRENT
r250588 i386 due to:

1. certain required ports does not compile with clang
2. for kdelibs4 (and others) the tool automoc4 SIGSEGV randomly (i.e.
for different source files and if you run it again it works)

all this on a SVN clean ports tree;

the current situation with CURRENT/clang/ports is highly a concern;

	matthias
--
Sent from my FreeBSD netbook

Matthias Apitz, <guru at unixarea.de>, http://www.unixarea.de/ f: +49-170-4527211
UNIX since V7 on PDP-11, UNIX on mainframe since ESER 1055 (IBM /370)
UNIX on x86 since SVR4.2 UnixWare 2.1.2, FreeBSD since 2.2.5