poudriere, pkgng, memcache and php upgrades

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 10 11:33:53 UTC 2013

On 6/10/2013 4:37 AM, bw.mail.lists wrote:
> We use memcache with php. When php gets updated, memcache gets rebuilt
> by poudriere, but pkgng doesn't see it as being different on 'pkg
> upgrade' so it doesn't upgrade the package. Which means that on apache
> restart the error log contains:
>
> PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
> '/usr/local/lib/php/20100525/memcache.so' -
> /usr/local/lib/php/20100525/memcache.so: Undefined symbol
> "php_session_create_id" in Unknown on line 0
> PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
> '/usr/local/lib/php/20100525/memcached.so' -
> /usr/local/lib/php/20100525/memcached.so: Undefined symbol
> "ps_globals" in Unknown on line 0
>
> 'pkg upgrade -f' solves the problem, but is there maybe another way?

All PHP upgrades really need 'pkg install -Rf lang/php' because of the
missing portrevision chase on ports such a memcache, eaccelerator, etc.

This at least avoids needing to reinstall unrelated packages.

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery