The vim port needs a refresh

David O'Brien obrien at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 7 19:00:18 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 05:23:18PM -0400, Kenta Suzumoto wrote:
> - It fetches almost 700 patches from what seems like a dial-up
> connection in AUSTRALIA.
> You might as well be downloading a 1080p movie from a rock in the north
> pole, because that's about how fast it is.
> This can be very easily avoided by putting all the patches into a
> single tarball

Please take this up with the Vim folks.  I agree the time it takes to
fetch the number of patches are very anonying.  I've perodically asked
for an update of the distfiles to include the patches to date.
Please join in asking for this of the Vim developers.

But I believe vim.org is a very reliable offical distribution source
and I do not want to get in the middle of their distribution methods.

> P.S. we're now at 7.3.1011 - the port could use a normal update as
> well. </minor complaint>

I agree.  Now that we have have all the releases we've had in flight out
the door, new packages sets built; and finally I can use pkgNG I am doing
an update.

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)