Ocaml ports needs love

Michael michipili at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 14:21:00 UTC 2013

Hi John,

thank you for your feedback!

John Marino wrote:
> On 7/28/2013 15:41, Michael wrote:
>>> Let me know about the URL of the project once it is accepted and activated.
>> https://forge.ocamlcore.org/projects/ocaml-freebsd/
> anonymous users can't access this site.
I enabled anonymous access, so you probably have to wait until the next
CRON job before you can see it.  The most interesting thing is the URL
to repository browser, that you already can browse.
>> I started to port opam to FreeBSD, if you download my Makefile, you will
>> be able to downlaod and maybe build it — but the build system needs to
>> be patched. I will spend a few hours on this today and commit my changes.
>>
>> Is not opam already in ports?
>> http://www.freshports.org/devel/ocaml-opam/

Oh nice! Our next step will then be to write a bsd.ocaml-opam.mk file to
ease the installation of OPAM-enabled software within the port framework.

Regards,
Michael