x11-toolkits/blt on Tcl 8.4

Daniel O'Connor darius at dons.net.au
Tue Jul 23 10:45:09 UTC 2013

On 20/07/2013, at 17:50, Daniel O'Connor <darius at dons.net.au> wrote:
> I recently tried updating our custom FreeBSD install and one thing we use is Tcl 8.4. I discovered that Blt doesn't build against Tcl 8.4 due to patch-use-tkInt.
>
> Is there an easy way to make it skip that patch for Tcl 8.4?

Also, it seems that change from _VERSION to _PATCH_LEVEL breaks loading - it complains it wants 8.4.20 even though that is what tcl_patchLevel says.

I am happy to split it out into a separate patch for >8.4 and combine it with patch-use-tkInt but I don't have the portsFu to apply a patch selectively.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum