[request] sysutils/screenfetch

Jason Helfman jgh at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 21 14:45:30 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 12:23 AM, Kenta Suzumoto <kentas at hush.com> wrote:

> On 07/21/2013 at 2:19 AM, "Jason Helfman" <jgh at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> >
> >I've committed this to the tree. Pretty cool software. Let me know
> >if there
> >are any issues, and I can take a look.
> >
> >sysutils/screenfetch
> >

> Thanks. I installed the port but the "screenFetch" (strange F) command
> just hangs indefinitely when I run it. Tested on 9.1 i386 and 9-STABLE
> x86-64. I had previously installed the git master copy from github and it
> "just worked." Maybe this was fixed in a more recent version, I'm not sure.

What did you run exactly, so I can try and reproduce the error? I started
with grabbing the tag 3.0.5, however there were issues with it, so took a
few commits afterwards as they included fixes for BSD. If what you are
trying to accomplish includes another committed fix or fixes, it may just
be as simple as grabbing that commit sequence and installing that version.

Does just issuing 'screenFetch' work, with no arguments?

Thanks!

-jgh

--
Jason Helfman          | FreeBSD Committer
jgh at FreeBSD.org     | http://people.freebsd.org/~jgh  | The Power to Serve