boost-iostreams from ports with zlib support

M.S. Babaei info at babaei.net
Sun Jul 21 07:33:15 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have already posted this in detail to forums.freebsd.org.

But, since no answer came up, I thought maybe it's better to ask for the
solution here.

According to the Boost documentation,
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_42_0/libs/iostreams/doc/classes/zlib.html#
installation, zlib should be found automatically when you are building
Boost if it's available on
*NIX systems.

I found zlib binaries and headers in the base system. So, I expect Boost to
find the zlib and
build zlib filters for being used with boost::iostreams. But, after
building boost from ports
there is no /usr/local/lib/libboost_zlib.*.

So, my question is how to build Boost from ports with zlib support?

Regards,
M.S. Babaei