portmaster WITH_PKGNG and cpan

Marko Cupać marko.cupac at mimar.rs
Thu Jul 18 12:59:32 UTC 2013

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 13:46:37 +0100
Matthew Seaman <matthew at freebsd.org> wrote:

> The bsdpan code assumes the old pkg_tools layout for registering
> packages.  It could do with pkgng'ifying.

Mark Felder is working on port so that should fix my problem.

If I remember well, I had all the ports installed back in days of pkg_tools,
and converted pkg_* database to pkg with pkg2ng. Do you say that, if I had pkg
from the start, it wouldn't even register in the pkg database? If so, how
are people supposed to keep track of installed cpan modules in pkg era?

--
Marko Cupać