port submission issues - sendmail setup

R Skinner rocky at herveybayaustralia.com.au
Wed Jul 17 14:40:02 UTC 2013

This has been a real fiasco to send one around the bend.

I'm trying to quickly submit a port and I used the send-pr this time and
attached my shar as opposed to using the web form, except my sendmail is
being rejected because it is a firewalled host and can't be found.

So I spent several hours trying to get my head around sendmail and the
security involved and setup the 'smart host' option. Eventually this
worked, and sent to my mail gateway which is postfix.

I then checked the pr list - still not there. So I checked the mailq on
the gateway and it still says its looking for the firewalled host! Arrrgh!

I'm not up to speed on sendmail at all, so can someone tell what potion
I've got to pour into this thing so the send-pr will work correctly
without opening any security flaws or access outside of 127.0.0.1?

Cheers
(Please cc - thx)