CLANG 3.3/LLVM 3.3 question regarding devel/llvm vs. devel/llvm33

Brooks Davis brooks at freebsd.org
Wed Jul 10 18:50:27 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 09:32:36AM +0200, O. Hartmann wrote:

> No is 9.1-STABLE en route also equipted with CLANG 3.3, as it is with
> CURRENT. The ports system still differs between the "standard"
> devel/llvm, which is in fact LLVM 3.2 and devel/llvm33, which is then
> LLVM 3.3.
>
> devel/llvm installs some tools not in the standard manner, like
> llvm-config, which is then llvm-config33. This introduces some trouble
> and it seems a bit "out of sync".
>
> Is there a chance that devel/llvm becomes llvm 3.3 in a short time?

I'm in the process of moving to devel/llvm## + devel/llvm-devel and
removing devel/llvm.  As with the lang/gcc* ports all llvm and clang
programs will be installed with a ## suffix.  This rearrangement is a
low priority at work and I needed to set up some internal infrastructure
to make testing practical so I've not finished it up yet.

-- Brooks