make config: doesn't work - reports ===> Options unchanged : no options menu popping up

Marco Steinbach coco at executive-computing.de
Sun Jul 7 12:37:44 UTC 2013

O. Hartmann wrote on 07.07.2013 12:25:

> On boxes running recent /usr/ports and recent soutces( FreeBSD
> 10.0-CURRENT #0 r252885: Sat Jul  6 16:09:09 CEST 2013) I'm unable to
> configure some ports, for instance www/firefox:
>
> /usr/ports/www/firefox # make config
> ===> Options unchanged
>
> Even performing "make rmconfig" and repeating above procedure doesn't
> change anything. I can not change options anymore!
>
> Please CC me, I'm not subsrcribing the list.

[...]

I've seen this kind of behaviour with dialog4ports in various
situations, but since dialog4ports-0.1.1 or so, I've never encountered
this again.

Here's a few shots in the dark:

- Maybe you're running an outdated version of dialog4ports.  Remove
dialog4ports, then make config in www/firefox again.  This will trigger
installation of whatever the most recent version of dialog4ports is in
your ports tree.
- Check your environment.  Unset DIALOG4PORTS or DIALOG, if they're set,
then try make config again.

MfG CoCo