kde3 ports expired today

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Jul 1 20:41:11 UTC 2013

El día Monday, July 01, 2013 a las 10:26:13PM +0200, Per olof Ljungmark escribió:

> While I have full respect for this decision I am another example of one
> that looses his desktop...
>
> Actually, I'm not really using KDE3, but rather xfce but with the apps
> from KDE3 like konsole, kwrite, ksnapshot and a few others that I failed
> to see any good replacements for.
>
> And security, well, not sure if this is that important for a desktop? At
> least we're warned.
>
> And KDE4 is not an alternative, tried several times but gave up.

Are there any numbers how many FreeBSD(!) users are using KDE3 or KDE4?
If not, what about a well organized(!) straw poll? Just to see, if we are all
hunting in the right direction.

	matthias
--
Sent from my FreeBSD netbook

Matthias Apitz, <guru at unixarea.de>, http://www.unixarea.de/ f: +49-170-4527211
UNIX since V7 on PDP-11, UNIX on mainframe since ESER 1055 (IBM /370)
UNIX on x86 since SVR4.2 UnixWare 2.1.2, FreeBSD since 2.2.5