devel/gobject-introspection failure on ARM

George Mitchell george at m5p.com
Sun Jan 27 15:52:36 UTC 2013

System: Raspberry Pi
uname: r245840M (Alie Tan's image from 25 January)
ports: svnversion 308518

Build dies with message "sizeof(ArrayTypeBlob) is expected to be 8 but
is 12."  (Complete build log attached.)  I made a naive attempt to fix
it by rearranging the order of the structure members, but obviously I
don't understand structure packing on the ARM and it didn't help.  It
also didn't get rid of the huge number of "cast increases required
alignment of target type" warnings.

I note we're at version 0.10.8 of this package, but upstream is at
1.34.2.  (It requires glib 2.34.1, though, and we're only at 2.28.8).

What's the best way to proceed?                   -- George Mitchell