Adopting porttools upstream?

Waitman Gobble uzimac at da3m0n8t3r.com
Sun Jan 27 00:07:01 UTC 2013

Raphael Kubo da Costa <rakuco at freebsd.org> wrote ..
> Hi there,
>
> sergei@'s commit bit was taken into safekeeping years ago and porttool's
> project in SourceForge [1] has not seen any CVS commit for a long time
> as well.
>
> [1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/porttools
>
> Meanwhile, we've been patching ports-mgmt/porttools to keep up with our
> infrastructure changes and whatnot.
>
> I was thinking of integrating those fixes upstream and continuing the
> development somewhere else. skreuzer@ seems to have a fork on GitHub [2]
> with no previous history and some commits on top.
>
> [2] https://github.com/skreuzer/porttools
>
> I, for one, ran devel/cvs2svn on the existing CVS history and converted
> it to git. The result looks OK and can be see in [3].
>
> [3] https://github.com/rakuco/porttools
>
> I'm not terribly interested in becoming porttools' upstream myself, but
> if others fail to jump aboard that could end up happening.
>
> Thoughts?

Hi Raphael,

I forked https://github.com/rakuco/porttools, then svn update in /usr/ports and did 'make' in ports-mgmt/porttools, copied the merged files in 'work' and pushed the updates to https://github.com/waitman/porttools, I believe that's the latest update?

--
Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA