Using bidirectional authentication in pkgng

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Thu Jan 24 13:27:44 UTC 2013

Michael Gmelin <freebsd at grem.de> writes:
> Would be great if you could point out the exact issues, so I could avoid
> them next time (I spent literally hours trying to clean up the code so
> it complies to style(9), even though it doesn't seem like fetch really
> follows it either). Other people's coding standards are always arbitrary
> and, um, wrong anyway, you know ;)

libfetch follows style(9) very closely, except in some parts of http.c
which are too deeply nested.

Just a quick summary of issues with your patch:

 - There are many instances of misplaced opening / closing braces.

 - Several lines are too long, and almost all your continuation lines
   are misindented.

 - There are many instances of missing whitespace around operators in
   expressions.

 - You declare variables inside blocks, and declarations in general are
   not properly sorted.

There are issues with the man page as well - you didn't bump the date,
sentences don't begin on new lines, and some lines are too long - but
you get a million bonus points for updating it at all.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no