svn - but smaller?

Thomas Mueller mueller6724 at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 24 12:42:03 UTC 2013

To get started regarding svn with only the base system, as in a fresh install, what about the suggestion to download the ports tarball from the FreeBSD server?

That can be done using ftp, I believe, or am I wrong?

Then svn and its dependencies can be built.

Not sure about the compatibility of this extracted tarball regarding subsequent
portsnap fetch update
or
svn up /usr/src (in this case there is no .svn data directory, so it would be necessary to do a fresh svn checkout).

Tom