portsnap - overwrite local changes

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr jnagyjr1978 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 16:21:37 UTC 2013

On 01/22/13 09:59, Oliver Lehmann wrote:

> "Joseph A. Nagy, Jr" <jnagyjr1978 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I know when I run it manually and there is a conflict, it will tell me
>> about a merge-conflict and ask me which file to keep (mine or theirs),
>> selecting theirs, afaik, overwrites my local file.
>
> And when there is no conflict and it can be merged, you have a merged
> file. And in some point in time your local /usr/ports is messed up
> with forgotten local changes and so on... I just wanna make sure to
> automatically "clean up" my /usr/ports. CVSup did this :(

Perhaps merge is the wrong term (but its what svn uses) but what it
really does is overwrite the local file with the one from the repo. I've
been doing that for months now with no problems.

--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org