portmaster -w -r (pcre & icu): how to avoid redundant rebuilding?

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr jnagyjr1978 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 14:59:04 UTC 2013

On 01/22/13 06:26, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> I see in the UPDATING file that I need to rebuild all ports that depend on pcre and icu:
>
> portmaster -w -r pcre
> and
> portmaster -w -r icu
> (I don't need -f ?)
>
> How do I do this without rebuilding the same ports twice?
>
> I am on pkgng, so I can use
> pkg info -r icu
> and same for pcre to list ports depending on icu and pcre (long lists).
>
> I just updated, from source, to:
>

> FreeBSD amelia2 9.1-STABLE FreeBSD 9.1-STABLE #14 r245542: Tue Jan 22 03:00:31 UTC 2013     root at amelia2:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SANDY  amd64
>
> Tom

I've not had any luck with avoiding redundant rebuilding as pcre and icu
updates aren't sent out at the same time. Perhaps someone can say if I'm
off my rocker, has anyone tried issuing 'portmaster -w -r icu pcre'?
Perhaps that would avoid the redundant rebuilds?

Of course that would only work if one waits for both updates to come out.

--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org