Setting up tinderbox-devel on a pkgng system

David Naylor dbn at freebsd.org
Sat Jan 19 05:30:15 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm in the process of setting up tinderbox and have encountered some troubles.

Looking at the code, tinderbox uses `pkg info -qgO` but passes package names
when, according to pkg-info(8) """-O  Search is done by the <pkg-name>
origin.""".  So, no need for different checks per requirement.

Another issue with the above approach is that it fails to match against perl-
threaded-5.14.  [1]

I've attached a patch that fixes those issues for me.

Another issue is that, by default, the port installs databases/p5-DBD-mysql
which is not a recognised port.  The attached patch fixes that [2].

Regards,

[1] I think pkgng is partially broken as it will succeed in matching pkg names
when using `-O`.  Not sure what the expected behaviour is though.
[2] I assumed that databases/p5-DBD-mysqlXY needs to correspond to
databases/mysqlXY-client (no idea if that is a correct assumption).