can't find pkgng command

Chip Camden sterling at camdensoftware.com
Thu Jan 17 22:44:12 UTC 2013

Quoth Kimmo Paasiala on Friday, 18 January 2013:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 9:09 PM, Chip Camden
> <sterling at camdensoftware.com> wrote:
> > Quoth John Marino on Thursday, 17 January 2013:
> >> pkg which <filename>

> > And if you (a) don't want to type in the full path or (b) want to make
> > sure that the file you execute actually does come from the port, you can
> > use a double-which.  E.g.,
> >
> > $ pkg which `which ruby`
> > /usr/local/bin/ruby was installed by package ruby-1.8.7.371,1
> >
> > while OTOH...
> >
> > $ pkg which `which clang`
> > /usr/bin/clang was not found in the database
> >

> That is expected, the base system (/bin /usr/bin etc.) is not included
> in the pkg database.
>
> -Kimmo

Yes, I know.  I was demonstrating how you could use the command to see
whether an executable came from a port, as well as which port.

--
.O. | Sterling (Chip) Camden      | http://camdensoftware.com
..O | sterling at camdensoftware.com | http://chipsquips.com