[patch] new port games/chocolate-doom, need a bit of help

Jakub Lach jakub_lach at mailplus.pl
Thu Jan 17 11:07:03 UTC 2013

Thanks for help, ridding of auto* is definitely preferred solution.

Speaking of TiMidity/++ both are barely (and no at all by
upstream iirc) maintained, and while I could get sound for
chocolate-doom with timidity some time ago, lately their svn
branch only worked with ++ version for me. So it makes
sense to skip to ++ now.

Also, when testing stuff for FAQ update, timidity converting
from midi to wav produced garbage for me, ++ worked.

So while I would appreciate having only one version of
timidity in ports (preferably, working one ;)) would
just changing OPL to be off in this case could be solution?

Maybe also adding to it "recommended" but as I've said,
disabling by default.

Hmm... I thought audio/sdl_mixer could be pulling timidity,
but as I can see, their default option is set to "++".

Strange.