[patch] new port games/chocolate-doom, need a bit of help

Jason Helfman jgh at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 17 06:02:57 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 03:33:00PM -0800, Jakub Lach thus spake:
>Hello,
>
>I took up where http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=161701
>left, as I'm user of chocolate-doom for quite time, and was eyeing
>it for a while.
>
>Current WIP is (docs, optionng, timidity++ etc):
>
>https://www.dropbox.com/s/jq9j16sxvrsej9w/c-doom.txt
>
>(shar archive)
>
>Problem is, as you can see that chocolate-doom is bend
>on installing under games (see pkg-plist) if USE_AUTOTOOLS=
>is hashed.
>
>As I understand, I need auto* to actually process patched *in,
>to prevent installing bins under games/.
>
>But aclocal, autoconf etc all fail in various places. Anybody
>has an idea or should I just bug upstream to update files
>for fresher auto*?
>
>I already hate auto* with passion...

I believe I have "fixed" the autotools portion of this, by not using it and
by altering the respective Makefile.in files in a post-patch-script target.
I added HACKING to post-install for documentation, as the rest of them
listed are already done as part of the installation.

I made some minor updates to your Makefile for the port, as well.

http://people.freebsd.org/~jgh/files/chocolate-doom.shar

It seems to work fine, and everything goes to the right place.
Let me know what you think.

-jgh

--
Jason Helfman