Removal of Portmanager

Alex Stangl alex at stangl.us
Wed Jan 16 14:17:56 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 10:38:50AM +0100, Stefan Esser wrote:
> Am 16.01.2013 09:48, schrieb b.f.:
> > Mark wrote:
> > Try ports/ports-mgmt/portupdate-scan.
> I just wanted to give it a try, but it does not seem to support PKGNG.
> (I'll have a look to check whether that's easy to fix ...)

I was under the impression that pkgng has similar functionality built-in
(pkg updating), and so portupdate-scan would become obsolete once pkgng
becomes standard. Do you think there's still a need for portupdate-scan
even with pkgng? I'd be happy to look at fixing this, if I thought there
was a point to it.

Alex