smpeg fails to build

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr jnagyjr1978 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 17:51:03 UTC 2013

On 01/15/13 05:01, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> On 2013-01-15 01:28, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr wrote:
<snip>
>> checking for gcc... clang++
>> checking whether the C compiler (clang++ -O2 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing
>> -std=gnu89 ) works... no
>> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
>> cannot create executables.
>
> Strange, where does that -std=gnu89 flag come from?  It is probably the
> cause of the error.  If I configure the smpeg port locally, that flag
> does not get added, so it must be something in your system's
> configuration.

I wouldn't even know where to set that flag, so if it is it's not
something I set.

>> the config.log just includes the above text, nothing more. No other port
>> has problems being built with clang, but here are my make.conf entries:
>>
>> root at alex-laptop:/usr/ports/multimedia/smpeg # less /etc/make.conf
>> WITH_PKGNG=yes
>> # added by use.perl 2012-12-11 17:43:33
>> PERL_VERSION=5.16.2
>> #Add in clang after rebuilding world
>> WITH_CLANG=YES
>> CXX=clang++
>> CPP=clang-cpp
>> KERNCONF=ALEX-LAPTOP
>
> Why don't you have a "CC=clang" entry too?

I missed that one? I'm still rather new to using make.conf so I'm sure
I'm missing a bunch of useful stuff.
--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org