Regarding portscout

Fernando Apesteguía fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 17:27:24 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Since a while, I'm receiving notifications from portscout whenever one
of my ports is out of date compared to upstream. This is really nice,
actually.
Today I received another one. Portscout reports that the current port
version is 0.9.9.17 and that 0.9.9.32 is available. However, a PR to
update the port (lang/basic256) from 0.9.9.17 to 0.9.9.28 is still
pending.

I have two questions.

In this case, should a maintainer wait until the previous PR is taken
care of? I didn't read information regarding this in the handbook.

Is it possible for portscout to take into account the info in GNATS to
know if there is already a PR for the update?

Please, notice that I'm not complaining about the filed PR not being
taken care of yet :), it's been just a few days since I filed it.

Thanks in advance.