[pkgng] case-sensitive search?

Chris Rees crees at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 12 17:21:07 UTC 2013

On 11 January 2013 19:30, Alex Keda <admin at lissyara.su> wrote:
> 11.01.2013 23:05, Chris Rees пишет:
>
>> On 11 January 2013 17:27, Alex Keda <admin at lissyara.su> wrote:
>>>
>>> root at amazon:/home/lissyara # pkg -v
>>> 1.0.2
>>> root at amazon:/home/lissyara # pkg search phpmyadmin
>>> root at amazon:/home/lissyara # pkg search myadmin
>>> root at amazon:/home/lissyara # pkg search dmin
>>> phpMyAdmin-3.5.5               A set of PHP-scripts to manage MySQL over
>>> the
>>> web
>>> root at amazon:/home/lissyara #
>>>
>>> it's bad behavior... good behavior - case-insensitive search by defult
>>

>> Like which other UNIX tool? :)
>>
>> To be honest, I'm not sure that capitals in PKGNAME is a good idea; a
>> quick perusal of the manpage doesn't show case insensitivity.
>

> for backward compatibility, because
>
>> cd /usr/ports && make search name=....
>
> is case insensitivity.

I've made a patch against pkgng HEAD, to add a -l option (just for pkg
search currently) to use the SQL LIKE operator.  This allows for case
insensitivity.  Perhaps it could just be default?

http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/patches/pkgng-like.diff

If you want to try it out, stick the following as patch-like.diff into
ports-mgmt/pkg/files (crude backport):

http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/patches/pkgng-like-for-port.diff

It works for me;

[crees at pegasus]/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg% pkg search -l mailscanner
MailScanner-4.84.5_3           Powerful virus/spam scanning framework
for mail gateways

Chris