FreeBSD Port: portmanager-0.4.1_9

Jeffrey Bouquet jeffreybouquet at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 23:34:20 UTC 2013

>--- On Thu, 1/10/13, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:

>> Is it gone forever? Is there a successor?

>port*manager* is gone, portmaster and portupgrade are still available.

BTW portmanager was excellent the for the first few years.  One could begin an update, then cntl-c after a few minutes when it actually began building ports, and up in the terminal would be a concise list of what needed to be installed or upgraded.  Later, its results were inaccurate (did not find installed ports...). It would serve many well if someone were to rewrite if for the present ports structure IMHO.  (That was for just one of its usages that I used a lot, the others I was still using portupgrade or a custom .sh script, for those fifty percent or so
of the time in which I did not simply permit portmanager to complete the task.)

J. Bouquet