Ports requrest: OpenNMS

Paul Pathiakis pathiaki2 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 15:01:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've requested this before, however, I still don't see it in the collection.

OpenNMS is an awesome tool for monitoring.  It takes SNMP and IPMI to an incredible level and the ability to monitor huge numbers of machines makes me a fan.  (Along with all the other features of course).  It even got me to switch off of NAGIOS as the amount of detail and trend graphing it provides is incredible.

Also, previously, my attempts surrounded a gentleman who seems to already be creating a FreeBSD package for it.

http://www.geeklan.co.uk/files/opennms/    <-- Sevan has these files that he creates.  They are very useful although not an official 'port' at this time.

Thank you,  (and, no, working to create a PCBSD/FreeBSD consulting company does not leave me time to work on this. :-) )

Paul Pathiakis