lang/perl5.14 GNU PThread mult. ISSUEs

Marcus von Appen mva at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 7 17:20:07 UTC 2013

On, Mon Jan 07, 2013, awarecons wrote:

> uname: FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE
>
> How to reproduce:
>
> compile, guess any 5.[12-16], perl with GNU PThread support and try,
> for e.g., portmaster x11/kde4 or x11/gnome2 with maximum ports
> involved/chosen (to enlarge test coverage). Try to use clang, gcc 4.2
> (default) and 4.6.3 (gcc 4.7&4.8 seem to be excessively errorneous),
> some of the error-bunch:

[bunch of error examples]

> When perl5.14 is compiled without GNU PThread - no such errors, is it
> normal to GNU PThread, just wonder??..
>
> Thank you in advance and luck.

This sounds to me as if lang/perl is hit by some issue similar to what
happened for the lang/python ports, when compiled with PTH enabled.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/146644
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/156425
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/172190
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/170754

A quick and dirty fix for a user might be to add
${LOCALBASE}/include/pth as permanent include directory to the
environment's CFLAGS/CPPFLAGS (at least for building ports), though I
would not recommend it.

Cheers
Marcus